I love the Michelin enduro extreme for hard enduro, don't like the price though. dunlop en91ex as a close second. I like the dunlop at82 for the rest.
Tires
I love the Michelin enduro extreme for hard enduro, don't like the price though. dunlop en91ex as a close second. I like the dunlop at82 for the rest.
rider
Posted
Has anyone tried the Pro taper tires yet? I've been so curious since they were announced.
rider
Posted
, Martymotos said:
Has anyone tried the Pro taper tires yet? I've been so curious since they were announced.
I havn't but I saw them at the AIMexpo this winter, I'm curious as well.
rider
Posted
I ran the mita terraforce supersoft and loved it. The sidewall and whole tire is very soft. Run Dunlop 81 gummy as default
rider
Posted
, sleslie said:
I ran the mita terraforce supersoft and loved it. The sidewall and whole tire is very soft. Run Dunlop 81 gummy as default
I do love that mitas too, nice that its not FIM knobs, you get more out of it.
rider
Posted
Whatever tire my boyfriend tells me to buy ๐
rider
Posted
, JennJennyRides said:
Whatever tire my boyfriend tells me to buy ๐
๐๐๐๐๐ the best kind of tire for sure
rider
Posted
I only run trials tires, I've seen some guys run them on big bikes, even in some GNCC races on youtube. Anyone ever tried one?
rider
Posted
, trialsisdope said:
I only run trials tires, I've seen some guys run them on big bikes, even in some GNCC races on youtube. Anyone ever tried one?
I havn't tried but also have seen them. My trials tire is cooked, have you ever changed one? I heard they can be a pain, something about needing a bicycle tube or something.
rider
Posted
Plews tyres the spec B has been my favorite for hard enduro so far.
rider
Posted
, bredekampracing said:
Plews tyres the spec B has been my favorite for hard enduro so far.
I've heard great things about them, I'm definitely eager to try one. The price is decent?
rider
Posted
Bro the trials tires suck to change. The bead is like glued to the rim. If you have a rabaconda though Iโm sure it would be easy. Lots of helpful stuff on YouTube too.
, Zac_oh said:
, trialsisdope said:
I only run trials tires, I've seen some guys run them on big bikes, even in some GNCC races on youtube. Anyone ever tried one?
I havn't tried but also have seen them. My trials tire is cooked, have you ever changed one? I heard they can be a pain, something about needing a bicycle tube or something.
rider
Posted
, tobin said:
Bro the trials tires suck to change. The bead is like glued to the rim. If you have a rabaconda though Iโm sure it would be easy. Lots of helpful stuff on YouTube too.
, Zac_oh said:
, trialsisdope said:
I only run trials tires, I've seen some guys run them on big bikes, even in some GNCC races on youtube. Anyone ever tried one?
I havn't tried but also have seen them. My trials tire is cooked, have you ever changed one? I heard they can be a pain, something about needing a bicycle tube or something.
How do you get it to glue back on the rim? Sometimes I run the air pressure so low its good that its glued or it would definietly pop off.
rider
Posted
, Zac_oh said:
, bredekampracing said:
Plews tyres the spec B has been my favorite for hard enduro so far.
I've heard great things about them, I'm definitely eager to try one. The price is decent?
The price is similar to the IRC price points. I also run Plews but not the SpecB, just "TheTough One" with a slightly shorter tread for a better contact patch in my rocky area of the world
rider
Posted
, Zac_oh said:
, bredekampracing said:
Plews tyres the spec B has been my favorite for hard enduro so far.
I've heard great things about them, I'm definitely eager to try one. The price is decent?
rider
Posted
They are a little steep but have outlasted every tire Iโve had by a long shot. Thatโs nice to have in hard enduro. I know you can get a discount if you use KAMP10 at check out if you get them through risk racing!!
rider
Posted
, bredekampracing said:
They are a little steep but have outlasted every tire Iโve had by a long shot. Thatโs nice to have in hard enduro. I know you can get a discount if you use KAMP10 at check out if you get them through risk racing!!
You have your own discount code? Thats sick, is it like an affiliate link?
rider
Posted
I 3rd the Plews tires. I run the Spec B on my "hard" wheelset and the EN1 Grand Prix rear on my "regular" wheelset. It's nice having the ability to choose which tire I want to use according to where I am riding at without having to change tires constantly. I use the Tubliss system with the Spec B and a Bridgestone Heavy Duty tube with the EN1 Grand Prix. I run the Plews EN1 Grand Prix front tire with both wheelsets.
For those interested in trying the Plews out, try using the promo code Plews35 on Risk Racing. It does not work for the Spec B, but it does work for the other tires. Including the FIM knob height gummy.
rider
Posted
rider
Posted
30 hours on the Plews Tough One Spec B and it's still running strong. I just ordered two of the new Plews extreme hybrid tires - The Beast and The Monster. Each in a 120/100 size. They do not offer them in a 140/80. Once I get some time in testing them, I'll let you guys know what I think. ๐ค

